APTAPB Research // Accomplishments RPSEA I
This project is complete, and notable accomplishments include:
- Identification of data sources,
- Collection of fluid and rock property data
- Quality control of data
- Development of a hydrodynamic model and evaluation of utility of model for ROZ characterization.
The process reviewed over 1500 wells drilled for oil and gas and groundwater objectives and has built a database of pertinent well data. Well records required crosschecking and reconciliation for accuracy in well location, provided structural tops, presence of wireline log data, and drill stem tests. Work allowed a new understanding of the residual oil zones as EOR targets, over 25 presentations at technology transfer events and studies to look at ROZs in other basins.
2017 CO2 & ROZ School
August 8 - 11, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
105 W. Ilinois Street
Click here for more information.
- Residual Oil Zone Interview 1: Intro with Steve Melzer
- Residual Oil Zone Interview 2 : Vello Kuuskraa
- Residual Oil Zones Interview 3: David Mohrbacher EOR and IOR in Wyoming
- Residual Oil Zone Interview 4: Steve Melzer- CO2 EOR in the Permian Basin
- DOE/National Energy Technology Laboratory – Next Generation ROZ Study (Goldsmith Field)